The Grace Hotel is the proud recipient of the 10 Year Sustainability Achievement Award at the 2011 Green Globe Awards.
The award was presented to the hotel’s General Manager Mr. Philip Pratley by the Hon. Robyn Parker, MP Minister for the Environment at Parliament House on 26th July 2011.
The Award recognises the hotel’s continued commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment since the inaugural Green Globe Award in 2001. Over the past 10 years, The Grace Hotel’s management and staff have continuously implemented environmental initiatives particularly in the areas of pollution reduction and resource conservation. Some of the hotel’s initiatives include:
• Successfully reducing energy consumption by 20 per cent through systematic lighting upgrades and air-conditioning improvements.
• Despite additional food and recreational outlets, water consumption has also decreased due to water efficiency programs and increased monitoring.
• Green amenities with biodegradable packaging are now in all guest’s rooms. Environmentally friendly cleaning products are also used in housekeeping.
• To reduce the impact on landfill, the hotel has introduced a new garbage system with more efficiency in sorting garbage.
• Together, the Hotel’s management, staff and environmental committee implement their commitment to the 10R policy which covers: Research, Review, Reduce, Reuse, Replace, Remove, Repair, Refill, Recycle for RESULTS.
As part of the hotel’s commitment to help protect and sustain the environment for future generations, they will continue to support environmental initiatives and seek environmentally-friendly products, services and partners who share in the vision of environmental sustainability.
That sounds good policy to us at GC - well done Grace Hotel!