Afraid that you might be clueless when it comes to teaching your children about going green? Fret no more! Alicia Silverstone (previously featured on our blog as one of the greenest celebrities in Tinsel Town)shares her 9 easy tips to guide your little ones towards the greener path!
Children are like sponges and absorb everything around them. This means that it is never too early to teach them about eco friendly living.
1. Get your child/children into the helpful habit of switching off the lights whenever they leave the room.
2. Gently remind the little ones to turn off the tap while they brush their teeth.
3. Spend time with your children playing outside and away from electronic devices that use/waste energy.
4. Buy eco-friendly toys and products for your children.
5. Buy in bulk. Instead of buying snack packs buy in bulk and then divide into individual servings using reusable containers.
6. Recycle toys and electronics. Show your children how to properly recycle batteries and electronics so that they don't end up in landfills.
7. Teach your children how to cook and where food comes from.
8. Carpool to school.
9. Let the kids sort the recycling.
9. Donate gently used toys and clothing to others who can use them instead of throwing them away.
Do you have any ideas and tips on how to raise awareness in our children? Green Cleaners would love to hear from you!
Sunday, August 25, 2013
Friday, August 9, 2013
Celebrate Singapore's 48th Birthday with a FREE green home clean!! Hurry! Visit our website and complete an online quotation form with referral code 'SG 48' today! www.greencleaners.asia