For all you beach bums out there, here’s our holiday travel site recommendation! Who says your responsibility for good stewardship needs to take a break just because you’re on a vacation?
More than one million vacationers will hit the beach in 2011, but with the help of the growing eco-friendly vacation trend, their impact on the environment can be minimized, protecting the fragile ecosystems of our beloved jungles, beaches and oceans and enhancing relationships with the local culture.
Eco-friendly travel is more just than a buzzword; it is a way to preserve beautiful destinations for future generations and for the locals lucky enough to live there.
Apple Vacations is proud to partner with a variety of resorts that have made an extra-effort to preserve our planet. Eco-friendly resorts can fit any budget and will leave travelers with a more authentic vacation experience, due to a deeper understanding and respect for the places they visit.
“Green” resorts can now be found throughout Mexico, the Caribbean and Hawaii. For example, Sandos Caracol Eco-Resort & Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico offers travelers luxury accommodations coupled with a light carbon footprint. Features include:
• 96 ecological rooms that reduce CO2 emission by 75%
• Solar water heating
• Ultra-efficient air conditioning systems with low electrical consumption
• Furniture made from certified wood
• Guided Eco Tour exploring the Mayan jungle including 16 natural cenotes, indigenous animals and exotic plants.
• Recycling and separating the trash
• Use of biodegradable bottles throughout the resort
• Wildlife conservation
• Using recycled paper for all printed material
To get the full list of Apple Vacations’ eco-friendly resorts, please visit www.applevacations.com/gogreen.